Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Next Stop... Gator Country

   Dan was accepted last week off the waitlist from University of Florida- "Home of the Gators". We are very excited for this new change in plans. We have redirected our thoughts and efforts from San Diego to Gainesville, Florida.    Our dreams of living in a warm area have more than come true. Gainesville will probably never be cold and most certainly has the possibility of barbecuing us year round. In our research of the area we have learned that for Dan to influence his job prospects we must become die-hard Gator fans. This is a bit exciting for me since I have never really been into watching football games and have never been to a tailgate party. Hopefully we will be able to embrace the true Gator spirit and land Dan some amazing job opprotunities. Dan says that football games are the equivalent to BYU-Idaho devotionals. The law library is closed during game time, sound familar?
   There will be quite a few changes in our lives as we take on this new adventure. School events are a "low price" of 15 dollars a person for similar events at BYU-Idaho which at 5 dollars or less. Pretty sad! We are also preparing ourselves to live in an area which we have heard on multiple accounts is known for being highly racist. Hopefully we will not have to deal much with people like this.
   One thing that Dan and I really look forward to is the idea of going on Gator Watches. No joke, they really have things like that. I just hope I don't have to fight off a gator as I head for my car. One thing I don't look forward to is paying around 100 a month year round for my electricity bill. Some people say they pay over 200 a month. That is a scary thought. Hopefully the current place we are looking into works out. We have decided to go cheap on rent this first year in order to spend as little as possible.
Well there is our quick update... hope that helps everyone to know where we are at!
LATER GATOR....

4 comments:

Carin said...

How exciting!!! Enjoy your new adventure and don't forget us here in the far away land behind the redwood curtain!! Thanks for the update!! Love you, Britt!!

Diana said...

Yay! What an exciting new adventure, with new opportunities! Congratulations!

Rachel said...

Glad that you made it there safely and are set up in a basement appartment. Kevin is a big football fan so if you guys get into it he will be someone you can chat with about it all. Hope everything goes well for you guys down there!! Oh and I demand more posts! I want to hear more about what you guys are doing! Love ya sis!

Rachel said...

As an edit to my previous comment, not basement appartment I guess, but ground floor appartment. Still it should cut down on your electricity costs.