My life in the last few weeks have dramatically altered FOREVER! Carli was born at 12:05pm on April 2. She immediately created laughter in my life when she stuck her tongue out, this precious angel knew automatically how to find food for herself in this world.
Everyday has been a new adventure especially since arriving in Rochelle. The first night we arrived here it was 3:30am on a Sunday. We were exhausted and all wanted rest. Carli continuously fussed and cried, which is not a normal thing for her. By the second night I concluded that she was afraid of the dark and needed a nightlight. We let her cry herself to sleep after all her needs were met since we did not want her to feel the bed we slept on was her new sleeping area. It took her one full night to adjust to sleeping in her crib. She is currently sleeping in the living room while Dan and I both indulge in computer activities.
I have babysat many children and a handful of infants. I feel that I honestly have been blessed with a calm, sweet baby. I always want to say I am blessed with a good baby but then I have to remind myself there are no bad babies.
So I feel bad but received payback immediately for this fault of mine. Carli peed on me this morning while she was lying in bed with me. I take full responsibilty for it being all my fault since I had not recognized her wet clothes as being pee earlier but had assumed that my breast milk had dripped on her again. POOR CARLI! She is a trooper though and did not cry during the night about her overly damp diaper... I learned my lesson -check the diaper throughout the night and change the wet ones.
Anyways there was my short update. Hopefully as I type out more blogs in the future that my writing abilities will become more polished.
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Loved it Brittney!! Great blog updates...and there will be plenty of more times when you will be urinated on, pooped on, thrown up on, you name it, it will happen. Welcome to motherhood and save buying any really nice clothes until you have teenagers :-) Love you!!
Ditto Carin. And don't buy anything white until then either -- it's just gets ruined within the first five minutes. :)
Post a Comment