I can already tell Summer semester is going to be a little more complicated then I am going to want. This might make a few happy and a few upset but I don't really want to deal with the opposite sex this semester. BYU-Idaho is different then what I thought it would be, I am just another pea in a pod. Sometimes I miss good ol' Eureka where I was a leader, a stand out, and everyone seemed to know me as a "mormon girl". I fit in, but I strive to stand out and be unique.
Today I had my first day at the livestock where I met the horse I will be riding. She is a beautiful mare with creme hair. Golden Hans and I became friends instantly... after bridling her , combing and picking her clean we brought the horses into the arena. I was able to see how she interacts with over ten other horses when we let the horses loose and all us students went and stood behind behind a 5 1/2 ft. wall. Golden is older and so she can't keep up with the others ones but I bet when she was young she was a beauty to all the Stallions. I felt bad for her though because she wanted to be there with everyone- I guess watching the horses made me evaluate how I am in my own life. Am I ok to be on the outside and not apart of the group, do I badly want to be with the crowd even if they bite and buck me, or can I be a leader with a little "l".
Well I miss having my place in a crowd. I miss my friends and the way I was able to associate with them. Maybe in time I will create friendships where I can lean on others for support. Greta, my roommate is a good start. I hope people enjoy my blog. I accept being a blue personality where I need people to love me!!!!!
Have a great day.
Brittney
Monday, April 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
AWWW Britt... we all seem to have those "I'm just some other person" moments. I think I even have. IN MCKINLEYVILLE
But it doesn't mean you're not an individual to us, you know? and if you've already started to feel your place and feel like you're back to being a stand-out, tell me how you did it!
It's going to be a super big shocker going from mack high to BYU where there are over twice as many people enrolled in that school than are in the whole town of McKinleyville!
Love you!
Cebre
Post a Comment