Thursday, January 10, 2008

My new life

College classes here at BYU-Idaho began yesterday. I absolutely have enjoyed all of my classes. Only one of my classes so far has me standing friendless out of four which I have attended. I guess I decided to write a little blog blurb because my life has changed drastically in the past two years. My junior year would have ended about two months ago. I was receiving praise for being named on the all- league team, but I was begining to realize high school was nearly over. That's when I decided to make the life change which got me here. I told my parents I needed to improve my grades and the LDS Business College wasn't the college I needed to attend. My parents were a little edgy about this sudden change and the fact that I really didn't know what I wanted other than to get out of Humboldt, go to a University/ JC and to be educated in a church enviroment.... just not LDSBC.

This was also about a month away from when I started the Chamber of Commerce Youth Ambassador program and taking in a girl who changed my career goals. I just love thinking about my Junior year experiences. That's when everything I was geared towards became shifted towards my eternal passion of service.

I love serving more than I ever did soccer or guys :) Now that I have found my place I feel as though I am where I have always been destined to go. Crazy to think that when Ricks college became BYU-I I was in middle school going, what college? Is that important? Little did I know that the OLD Ricks college I would call home only a few short years later. I miss everyone but I have found my place in this little old zion which stays youthful because of the Spirit of Ricks living through all who help maintain the presence of the Holy Ghost. I grow continually and I couldn't have asked for anything more spiritually uplifting.

Well I have a ton of homework so I better get to work. Good news is that, I am ahead in a lot of my classes! I really enjoy studying now but I have to try and keep focused to truely grasp all that I am studying. Comment back, email me.... I want to keep in touch with everyone.

Be safe in whatever place you are. Love you all!

Your little Beare,
Brittney

No comments: