Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Back to the Ice-Burg!

Well I am so stoked to be back! I missed the wonderful spirit of ricks which truly embodies this campus. I have been super duper busy planning how to arrange weekly/biweekly with 9 apartment managers for Student Living! Crazy beans. I love associating with these women who are only a year or two ahead of me. The experiences I am having right now in my life are great blessings for my future.

I have only been back in "freeze-burg" since Saturday evening and several different times I have received a witness of the place I am. The temple being so close is just another witness that BYU-Idaho is truly being a discipleship training center for all those who attend.

Tuesday! That is today! Yes, so pretty much today is the day I have my first date with DAN! WOW, I am so shocked out how much my life has changed in a month. December 6, 2008 is when Dan messaged me asking me "how my family was doing?" Then his follow up question was how Rufus my dog was. Pretty much ever since then we have become good friends. Dan served in the Eureka 2nd ward May '06- October '06. I was in my senior year when he left. A year later we would reconnect at the BYU-Idaho preference dance during the Fall. I went with my FHE Brother who served his mission in the Santa Rosa, California Mission but the closest he came to Eureka was serving part of his mission in Crescent City, CA. At the dance I was an Indian girl, my date was my cowboy. While dancing some guy bumped into me, yup that turned out to be Dan. I assumed he apologized and then when Brett (my date) and Dan saw one another they started hugging and saying things like "Hey Brother!"

My Jaw literally dropped open! I knew this guy!!! I got up the courage and said "do I know you?" He thought I looked familiar and than it clicked. He asked if I was from the Eureka 2nd ward. Indeed I was and the connection of a long lost friend was semi made. Throughout the dance we would run into Dan and his date who had dressed up as Salt and Pepper Shakers! "This is so weird you are dating a girl from my mission"- Now the joke is on him! lol :)

Dan is currently driving up from Provo/Salt Lake City right now and I have nothing productive to do... so I decided to write a blog! haha yup, I am happy right now.

Peace Out my friends!
Britters

4 comments:

Daniel A. Springer said...

This entry made me smile soo hard! haha, you tell that story in such a cute way!

Daniel A. Springer said...

so akif kursheed is dan, it is my Islam name, lol

Dan & Brittney Springer said...

hahha I was like this has to be Dan... after I read your profile. You are silly... I texted you asking! Now, I see. Sorry if your phone went off in class.

hannah said...

That is so cute! I dated a guy for like half a second that had served his mission in Eureka once too, it's nice that he knows where you are from AND i am so excited that you are getting married!!!!