Last Sunday was a time when the young people of the church showed the world what we stand for. We sent text messaging.... to inform the masses of the passing of our beloved Prophet and friend Gordon B.Hinckley. I personally will never forget the text message I received fro(m Steve at 8:02 Mountain time on Sunday (Jan 27) "President Hinckley just passed away." I was baffled, he was invinsible to say the least. I looked up from my phone and realized I was the one to break the news to the giggly girls in my dorm. We were havnig so much fun making jokes, eating, and trying to say hello to Paola's mother who was on the phone. "Hey girls, hold on I have to tell you something." A momentary silents hushed the girls. "President Hinckley just passed away...." At first they were like "no, really... that's not funny." Then Paola told her mom who lives in Layton,UT. The confirmation came when Claudia (Paola's mom) turned on the t.v. It was true.
Each girl dealt with the news differently. I called my sisters and mother. After about 30mins the girls and I realized we were still incharge of Dorm prayer for Chapman Hall... and tonight the room would be packed if the news was spreading as fast as my 3 or 4 different text messages just to my phone alone in a 20minute time frame. We decided to change the theme of dorm prayer from Families Can Be Together forever to honoring our Beloved Prophet Gordon B Hinckley... or Gordo! As my roommates refer to him as. To say the least President Hinckley is loved and remembered her at BYU-Idaho.
Today was the funeral services for Pres. Hinckley. BYU-Idaho students were seen wearing their modestly plain church dress, mainly black. Our campus has been blessed through the passing of President Hinckley. There has been a humbling and servicable attitude upon campus which has lifted the Ricks Spirit high.
Saturday, February 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment