Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The start of something new

Here I am sitting in my dorm living room, Chapman Hall rm 361. I have been here at BYU-Idaho just a little over a month. I am in a new life and have a new start.

Since being out in Idaho I have created a bubble world. I know little of what happens outside of Rexburg or for that matter BYUI. For the first time in this world I have been able to stop and look around to just be thankful. I mean we have girls camp but that only last so long, then we are thrown back into the world of horrors and temptations. I have grown more aware of my spiritual strengths and weaknesses than I EVER thought possible... I LOVE IT HERE.

6 girls to one dorm, this becomes a drama fest no doubt. Almost every night at least two or three of us are out until just before midnight. Tonight does not seem to be much different both Danna and Brittany H. are out. Working together and being aware of others needs has been key to my "survival" in 361. At first I felt like I was the odd one out. I mean yeah Greta and I hit it off from the start but I felt like the nosie mom. After writing a letter to three of the girls I have created lasting bonds which are easily pulled at but I think that the letters have helped set a foundation of communication.

Now the roommates.
Greta and Brittany H share a room. Danna and I (fruit-cake) share a room. Kristen and Chelsea share a room.
Greta is amazing, she is a completely devoted students. I have never admired someone so much for their ability to put school above their social life. She says she thinks I am amazing because I try and balance my social life with my responsiblities. Gretas posses the qualities of pure love and unfailing awareness of other peoples feelings. I really like her.
Brittany Hansen is from florida (greta is from missouri). She love fashion and wants to be a plastic surgeon. That's some crazy stuff. She has an unsual personality but I think that is what makes life so fasinating about her. She claims to have ADD, I believe Heavenly Father wanted her to be bold because it will help her face trials head first. Right now she is selling clothes so we claim there is a store in 361. Shirts $5 and sweaters $15... abercrombie!
Kristin is from Texas. She's most certainly is! She's got the southern accent at times, says Ya all, and has the I'll kick your butt attitude... plus she hates Obama and is 100% REPUBLICAN. She tames her texas on campus but don't take her to conference in Salt Lake....she will yell at protestors or at least have the urge to. "God Bless you."
Chelsea is from Southern Cali, she's from Laguna Nigel... and is in the same ward as my sister Nicole and her husband SpenceR. That's awesome. She is a hairstylist, make-up artist, and a wardrobe professional.... I need to have her go shopping with me! She has a heart of gold and is absolutely GORGEOUS. I love her and she's our FHE MOM!
Now Danna, she's a FART FACE! lol Danna gets all the guys, 5 to be exact. She gets them and they are attracted to her corky and HIGHLY blonde personality. I refer to her as my brunnette DANNA WAHLUND. Danna and I are pretty compatable unless it involves sleeping. She takes naps A LOT and I like to hang out A LOT. She hates the light on and closes the drapes. I don't know but I think we laugh more than fight b/c we get mad and then someone says something lame like " I think I am crazy, don't you?" - Danna is out with Ben Head at the moment... that's Steve's roommate. (danna is from seattle)
I am working at McDonalds... exciting. I like it at times but other times like when they put me on the grill I decide that death would be sooo much less exhausting and smelly.

Well I have gone on some dates which haven't gone anywhere. I went to a dance, I am president in my Institute class, I am a counsel member on the Serving the "r" service committee. I quit cross b/c I was tired after working 8hrs a day... but I walk to work about 40-55mins total a day. I am content with life and hoping all works out for me and my dreams...
My birthday is` sunday... ADIOS!

No comments: